Web Offset Printing Machine – Folder 36000
Prakash Speedster – Workhorse for your business
Reliability and quality even at high speeds are the key customer demands that brought about Speedster in existence. Fastest press in our portfolio running at maximum speed of 36,000 copies per hour, Speedster has earned more than appreciations worldwide. From productivity to easy handling and low life cycle costs, as well as low costs per copy, only positive things can be reported about the Speedster. It is a very heavy duty high speed machine for the daily newspapers having circulation of around 90000 to 95000. The Folder is based on 2:2 principal. This folder can handle 6-8 webs (with double RTF rollers) for production of 24-32 pages of broad sheet newspaper.
The Speedster needs minimal change-over times for maximum output.
The single width and single-circumference printing unit has no bearer rings, making it the basis for industrial newspaper production and colored newspaper offset. Low initial investment and less complexity help the print house to run profitability.
High degree of automation:
Extensive automation options reduce waste, shorten make ready times, and lead to lower staff expenditures. The most important options include: automatic registration control, remote inking, automatic reel changer, pneumatic controls.
The Folder is based on 2:2 principal. This folder can handle 6-8 webs (with double RTF rollers) for production of 24-32 pages of broad sheet newspaper.
Introduction and Standard features
Speedster folder Standard features :-
- Available Cut of Sizes: 508mm, 546mm, 560mm and 578mm.
- Max. Web Width: 889mm.
- Speed: 36000 copies per hour.
- Capacity: 6-8 webs or 24 to 32 pages broad sheet newspaper.
- 2:2 Jaw Type Folder.
- Two sets of nipping rollers.
- Dynamically balanced R.T.F. roller, cutting cylinder ∧ jaw cylinder.
- RTF roller for 6 webs as standardr.
- Air former.
- Double Nipping.
- Folder jam switch and Signal lights.
- Shear pin for folder safety.
- Main drive shafts with Thomas coupling at cylinder height for minimum backlash and smooth power transmission.
- Electronic copy counter.
- Double parallel fold with or without cross perforator.
- Quarter folder.
- Web under lead system.
- Cut off compensator for max 8 webs (4 on reverse side and 4 on normal side).
- Single-shot grease lubrication for operating side bearings and cams.
- Slitter or perforator on nipping rollers.
- PU coated nipping roller.
- Upper former.
- Operating console.
- Technical data different fold wise.
|Product||Cut off||Broadsheet||Tabloid||Quarter fold (magazines)||Double parellel or Digest t (2- on)|
|Signature Size||578mm||368mm to 444mm*578mm||289mm* 368mm to 444mm||184mm to 222mm*289mm||144.5mm * 368mm to 444mm|
|(Untrimmed sizes)||546mm||368mm to 444mm*546mm||273mm *368mm to 444mm||184mm to 222mm*273mm||136.5mm * 368mm to 444mm|
|Depending on Web width used||560mm||368mm to 444mm*560mm||280mm *368mm to 444mm||184mm to 222mm*280mm||140mm * 368mm to 444mm|
|533mm||368mm to 444mm*533mm||266.5mm*368mm to444mm||184mm to 222mm*266.5mm||133mm *368mm to 444mm|
|508mm||368mm to 444mm*508mm||254mm * 368mm to 444mm||184mm to 222mm*254mm||127mm * 368mm to 444mm|